Friday, June 19, 2009

Bible School

This has been a very strange week. Martha was supposed to be in charge of crafts this week, but she had surgery instead. So, I am doing crafts. I am so blessed that Jenny and Nancy were there. There's another story about Nancy, that will be later. There were also 2 teenagers that decided that it would be fun to help out - and they have been there every night! Each night the number of children increase and the noise level intensifies. last night there were 19.

Wednesday started out in such an interesting way. Jen called and told me that we had to go to Wal Mart now! Martha needed her hair washed and cut, and we couldn't make her bend over the sink because of the incision, and so we went to Wal Mart and were there when the beauty shop opened. I had a meeting to attend in Cameron at 10:30 and so I had to leave no later than 10:00. None of us liked the clothes that I was wearing, I've been losing weight and they were too big! So Jen dressed me while Marthat was being taken care of. I was a few minutes late to the meeting, but that was ok. Made it back home in time to take a little nap and off to Bible School we went.

We closed things down in a hurry when we discovered the lightning all around the community hilltops. Jen has an incredible picture of the lightning on her blog. The storm really did damage out Jim's Run in McMechen. There is a family sleeping in the church because their house if full of trees, rocks and mud. There are some streets in Moundsville that are still muddy from the running water. Martha and Joe finally got the electric back into their house by 7:30 last night.

I didn't have a ride home because Jen had a migraine and Richard brought me home from McMechen. Just before we left I got a call from Mom that there was a major problem at home.

Sam, Dad's dog, has had a bump on the lower lid of his eye for over 10 years, he scratched it. It was bleeding like crazy and they couldn't get it to stop. So home I go. Richard helped us put Sam into the back of the Taho, and off we go to the clinic in South Wheeling. The bleeding had stopped pretty much, since I was calm and Sam laid his head in my lap, I was able to put a compress on it. The vet put some drops in Sam's eye and an ointment on the spot to keep it from getting infected. he said for us to contact our regular vet and if she won't remove it, to come back to him (at the emergency clinic) and he would take care of it for us. Sam was so happy to get back into that Taho and be on his way home.

Life is so interesting here.

1 comment:

Kim said...

Wow! Thats all i can say. I am glad everyone is okay.