Saturday, June 20, 2009

West Virginia Day

I called my daughter this morning to see if we were going to go to all the free things that were going on in Moundsville for West Virginia - we're 146 years old today. She wasn't able, so I asked if I could have the kids. Sure. So I went after them and picked up my Mom and Dad and off we went.

To the Cockayne House in Glen Dale. There was a live archeological dig going on, the boys were fascinated. Little Pirate thought it was so great he slipped past the tape and sat beside the young man that was digging. He received a rock for his interest. And he got one for his older brother too. We took a tour of the house and walked the property.

Then we went to the mound, walked through the museum, met their cousin, Katie, and climbed to the top of the mound. I walked to the top of the mound without any pain in my knee at all! Dad got to the top also, his pace maker worked. Mom almost made it, she sat down about 25 feet from the top. Little Pirate fell on the steps and has a scrape and a bruise.

From there we went to eat - had to refuel - and met my oldest son and the rest of his family, and a family friend too.

Then we went to the Marx Toy Museum and the boys had a great time looking at all the old toys. I even saw some that I played with.

The Fostoria Glass Museum was wonderful for the adults, the kids were patient, then came the biggest treat of all. We went to the old prison for a tour. It lasted almost 2 hours. We were exhausted, but enjoyed the day.

So many pictures were taken and will be shared. What a glorious memory that was made today.

No comments: