Tuesday, May 26, 2009

More family life................

I've been home for a week now. Sleep has been my friend. I didn't realize how tired I was, but it was a wonderful visit with my son and his family. And it is so nice to back near my daughter and her family, and my other son and his family.

Graduations are beginning, so I went to the store yesterday to get cards and my sister Martha went with me. There were some pictures that I needed to develop off my camera and some groceries to be bought. Cards were purchased for my cousin's boy, my daughter's son, and my oldest son's 13th anniversary. I looked around for a gift the whole family would enjoy and decided on a box of glazed donuts! You must understand that I enjoy keeping my children thinking that I am one step away from the crazy side of life! They loved the gift! There was so much laughter as the donuts were being shared.

This morning my son from New York called and filled me in on their travel plans for when they come to visit in June. My daughter's son is graduating from high school and his party is being planned for the 13th, and the family will be there. They plan on camping in the yard! What fun. I am remembering all the camping trips that we took as a family.

I am so blessed - and as I write this, there are tears. I will have to put down my Sugar Bear. She is 15 - a great life for a dog. But she is blind, doesn't hear well, isn't eating well, and her hips aren't supporting her. It's a terrible decision to make. It is just one more thing, other than my children, that still connects me to my husband, that will be gone. She is like one of my kids. But - I am so blessed and thank God for all the gifts and joys of my life.

I must go, there are doctor appointments today for my parents.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Love you, Mom.

Kim said...

I know how hard putting down a loved one can be. Our prayers are with you! See ya soon!

Love,
Kim, Matt and Kids